Skip to main content

My Top Books Read In 2022

Here's a final post to summarize my reading for 2022. I read a total of 52 books! It's 10 less than last year but I still consider it to be a decent amount of reading, especially for a high school student. So, below are some books I would definitely recommend everyone to read. I've been really busy lately and probably still will be for the next year or so but I will definitely still post. Cheers to books and reading!


1. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides.

The plot twist OMG. I did not see it coming at all. It was such an excellent read. My friend recommended it to me since she found it to be super exciting and we had a really interesting discussion on the book. Review coming in 2023!

2. The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood.

Adam Carlsen is the standard everyone; too bad he's fictional though. Hazelwood's novel was just SO cute and I absolutely adored it. As a woman who loves STEM, this was so perfect and not to mention totally swoon worthy. Review coming in 2023!

3. The Summer I Turned Pretty Series by Jenny Han.

In honor of the Prime series that came out over summer, I picked up the series again. The nostalgia this books hold for me is just so great. I remember being in 5th grade and Jenny Han being one of the first authors I adored. It was in 4th and 5th grade that I started to fall in love with reading English books and just holds so many memories for me. Review coming in 2023!

4. The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas.

Just like Adam Carlsen, Aaron Blackford is another swoon worthy fictional boyfriend. I really enjoyed this fake-dating trope and it was just so cute. I even found a cake decorated with this book cover (I know!). Review here

5. An Arrow to the Moon by Emily X.R. Pan.

Pan's novels are just so beautiful. She writes in such nice prose that every line in the book could literally be a quote itself. The mythological twist to this Romeo and Juliette retelling was just so gorgeous and a must read for fans of romance. Review here

6. The Inheritance Games Series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

Before I start, I need to say that I read the first two books but I still need to read the final book. Either way, the riddles and puzzles were so entertaining and I have to say, Libby and Avery's relationship is just so wholesome and sweet. Review here


7. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

This was read in my AP Lang class and I have to say probably one of my fav books I've read for school. I actually kind of understood the English and essentially it was a romance novel with a love triangle going on. Special thanks to my English teacher for choosing this novel!







Comments