Skip to main content

I Am Margaret Moore by Hannah Capin Book Review

Title: I Am Margaret Moore
Author: Hannah Capin
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Release Date: March 15, 2022
Pages: 320

I am a girl. I am a monster, too.

Each summer the girls of Deck Five come back to Marshall Naval School. They sail on jewel-blue waters; they march on green drill-fields; they earn sunburns and honors. They push until they break apart and heal again, stronger.

Each summer Margaret and Rose and Flor and Nisreen come back to the place where they are girls, safe away from the world: sisters bound by something more than blood.

But this summer everything has changed. Girls are missing and a boy is dead. It’s because of Margaret Moore, the boys say. It’s because of what happened that night in the storm.

Margaret’s friends vanish one by one, swallowed up into the lies she has told about what happened between her and a boy with the world at his feet. Can she unravel the secrets of this summer and last, or will she be pulled under by the place she once called home? 

Pre-order it on Barnes & Noble or Amazon  


My Thoughts

**Thank you so much to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for sending me an Advanced Reader's Copy in exchange for an honest review!**

DNF

Star Rating: ★★☆☆☆ (2)

I'm not sure how I feel. I really like the idea of the book but I think it's either a hit or miss. And in this case, it was a miss for me. The format of the book was interesting but I thought it was a little confusing to understand. However, I can also see why people would like it.

Overall, I am Margaret Moore was told in an interesting way but just wasn't right to me. I can see why others would like it though so definitely check it out and see!


About the Author

Hannah Capin is the author of Golden Boys Beware (originally published as Foul is Fair) and The Dead Queens Club. She lives in Tidewater Virginia.



Comments